Recent changes made to the Ontario immigration Employer Job offer In-Demand Skills Stream has opened a new avenue for candidates with skills and experience in nursing-related occupations.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) added two National Occupational Classification (NOC):
- NOC 3413: Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- NOC 4412: Home support workers and related occupations, excluding housekeepers
Ontario added two new NOC to support changing labour market needs in the province.
Requirements for the In-Demand Skills Stream
This stream targets candidates with specifically skilled in-demand in Ontario. To qualify, applicants must have:
- 9 months of cumulative work experience in the last three years in one of the eligible occupations.
- Experience must be paid and full time or the equivalent amount in part-time work in Ontario. Seasonal work does not count.
- The equivalent of Canadian high school education or higher.
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in English or French or both.
- Proof of financial stability & intention to settle in Ontario.
Contact your Canada Immigration Consultant to know the best option to migrate to Canada.