Among the several immigration programs that the Canadian government offers, Federal Skilled Worker Program is one of the best programs to choose from. Individuals can migrate through the Express Entry System which was launched on 1st January 2015.
Who is a Skilled Worker?
A skilled worker is a person who has a set of skills, vast knowledge and experience in a particular field and excels in it.
What is Federal Skilled Worker Program?
The Federal Skilled Worker Program allows the immigration of skilled workers from all over the world to migrate under the Express Entry System. The immigration of skilled workers from different parts of the world offers benefits for both the sides. The people who immigrate get to live a high-quality life and at the same time, they get the opportunity to contribute to the growth of the Canadian Economy.
Selection Factors for Federal Skilled Worker Program: –
An individual should score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 and meet certain criteria if he/she wants to migrate under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. Below-mentioned are the selection factors for Federal Skilled Worker Program.
1. Education: –
An applicant will get points for their educational qualification and higher the qualification, the more points the applicant gets.
- A Ph.D. level degree could help the applicant gain 25 points.
- A Masters degree will help the applicant gain 23 points.
- A three-year diploma program or longer will help the applicant gain 21 points
- A two-year diploma degree or a Canadian post-secondary would help the applicant gain 19 points.
- Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program would grant the applicant 15 points.
The applicant should get a total of 67 points when the total assessment is complete and education is just one factor of it.
2. Experience: –
The applicant gets points based on his/her work experience in the relevant field they apply for.
- A one-year experience could help the applicant gain 9 points.
- Work experience falling in between 2-3 years could help the applicant gain 11 points.
- Work experience falling in between 4-5 years gains 13 points for the applicant.
- Any applicant who has work experience for 6 years or more gain 15 points which is the maximum.
3. Age: –
The applicant is also given points based on his/her education.
|Applicant’s Age||Relevant Points|
|47 & Older||0|
Points for age are calculated based on the above-displayed table.
4. Language: –
Every applicant who wishes to immigrate under the Canada Federal Skilled Worker program should be able to prove his/her language proficiency by taking one of the following exams and procure the necessary scores.
- International English Language Testing System
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index
- Test d’ Evaluation de Francais
- The applicant can get a maximum of 28 points for their skills in English & French.
5. Arranged Employment: –
The applicant can get a maximum of 10 points if he/she has a valid full-time job offer from an employer in Canada. A valid job offer means the job has to be paid, continuous and full-time. It should not be seasonal and should be at least for one year.
6. Adaptability: –
If the applicant has a spouse or common-law partner who is about to immigrate with him/her to Canada, then points for adaptability can be earned too. The applicant can get a maximum of 10 points for adaptability.
Eligibilities to Be Met to Migrate Under Federal Skilled Worker Program: –
- The applicant should have past relevant experience in the job he/she is applying for within the past 10 years.
- The occupation should be listed under the Canada Occupation List (or) the candidate should already have a job offer (or) should be an International graduate who has enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Canada.
- The applicant should meet the minimum language requirements.
- Should be clean from police records and be healthy (should clear medical tests).
- The applicant should perform a job which falls under the following categories:
- Skill Type O (managerial occupations)
- Skill Level A (professional occupations)
- Skill Level B (technical occupations & skilled trades)
Migrating under the Canada Federal Skilled Worker Program requires a lot of things that should be looked into with great accuracy and needs a lot of efforts to be put in. We provide assistance & guidance to help you migrate to Canada under FSWP program.
Get in touch with us to know more about the application costs, procedures in detail.