Immigration to Canada is so desirable that the country is open to various immigration options. Let us discuss the two most prevalent options applying for Canadian Permanent Residence (PR) – Express Entry or becoming a student in Canada.   

Applying for PR through Express Entry

Canada Express Entry system is designed specifically for quick and direct immigration of international skilled workers. Interested candidates may register their profiles online in the Express Entry system. The registered profiles are ranked according to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) which is based on factors like age, education qualification, work experience, language proficiency. Candidates with the highest CRS scores get an invitation to apply (ITA) for PR in Canada. 

The current trend for Express Entry intakes is extremely positive as over 21,600 ITAs were issued in the third quarter of 2019. The number of ITAs are expected to increase further. The overall CRS cut-off score remained between 457 to 466 during the months of July to September 2019. 

Becoming a student and then applying for PR

Choose a suitable study course in Canada and apply for a work permit towards the end of your study program. After gaining considerable work experience, say a year or two, you may apply for Canada PR through Canada Experience Class or any suitable stream under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

As simple as it may be, everything depends on your age, education qualification, and work experience. If you are 30 years old with a Masters degree and a good amount of work experience, then direct route via Express Entry is the most desirable option to apply for Canada PR. However, if you lack work experience and have enough financial assistance to support your higher studies, you can become a student in Canada and then apply for Canada PR. 

In case of any assistance in documentation, legal advice on immigration, post-immigration assistance, feel free to contact us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.