The Canadian government has been taking in potential immigrants from all parts of the world who can positively help towards the growth of the Canadian economy. Migrating to Canada can help individuals experience and live a life that is of high standards. But, to migrate to any country, including Canada, there are certain requirements & rules imposed by the country which the applicant has to meet.
What is the Canada Immigration Points System?
The Canadian government follows a points-based system which helps in assessing the individual who seeks to migrate to Canada. Every individual who wishes to migrate to Canada should meet the eligibility requirements specified by the Canadian Immigration Points System to migrate to Canada.
On What Factors are the Applicants Assessed?
Under the Canadian Immigration Points system, an individual is assessed based on the following six factors:
– Language Skills
– Employment Offer in Canada
Language Skills: –
One should possess sufficient knowledge in English & French if he/she wants to thrive in the Canadian province and language is one of the most important eligibility criteria for an individual. An applicant can gain a maximum of 28 points under this category. The applicant has to take up an IELTS exam and will be assessed upon his/her ability to:
Educational Qualification: –
An individual can gain up to 25 points for his/her education. The applicant should either:
– Have earned a Canadian Diploma Certificate or
– Have his/her foreign education assessed. The education assessment process (Educational Credential Assessment Report) is to make sure that the foreign education is equal and valid to Canadian education.
|Double Bachelor’s Degree||22|
|3 Years Diploma After Higher Secondary||19|
|3 Years Diploma After High School||15|
Work Experience: –
An individual will be given points for his/her work experience. Having pre-work experience could be an added advantage when it comes to calculating points for immigration.
|Experience in Years||Points|
An applicant will gain respective points for his/her age. A maximum of 12 points will be given to the applicant under this category.
|Below 18 0|
|47 & Greater||0|
Employment Offer in Canada: –
An individual who already has an offer from a Canadian Employee can gain a maximum of 10 points. In order to get points under this category the job offer has to meet certain conditions:
– The job offer should be a full-time permanent job.
– The applicant’s job should be listed under the Skill Type O or Skill Level A or B under the National Occupation Classification (NOC).
Adaptability Factor: –
If the individual has a spouse or a common law-partner and if they are willing to migrate along with the primary applicant, points for adaptability will also be considered. A maximum of 10 points can be gained under this category. Below listed factors will be taken into consideration:
– Language level of the applicant’s spouse.
– Either the applicant or his/her spouse has past study experience in Canada.
– The applicant having at least one year of full-time work experience in Canada.
– Applicant’s spouse or common-law partner has considerable work in experience in Canada.
The Canadian Immigration Points System has been helping the immigration officers to effectively assess individuals who seek to migrate to Canada and come up with a decision. An applicant becomes eligible to create an Express Entry profile once they gain 67 points based on the above-mentioned criteria. To know more about how to assess yourself based on Canadian Immigration Points or to get yourself assessed for free, get in touch with our team of immigration experts right away!