This is the first edition of frequently asked questions on Canada immigration and we are delighted to discuss the popular Federal Skilled Worker Program category. 

1.What are the minimum eligibility requirements?

  • at least 1 year of continuous full-time work experience in a skilled occupation (National Occupational Classification skill type 0 or skill level A or B);
  • Language proficiency equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in English or French;
  • Must have a Canadian educational credential (certificate, diploma, or degree) or foreign credential supported by an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report
  • Financial proof of settlement stability in Canada

An applicant must attain at least 67 points out of 100 on immigration selection factors. However, candidates may be refused on the pretext by IRCC official that you may not be able to economically settle in Canada.

2.How to apply for permanent residence under the FSWP?

Only those candidates who are issued an invitation to apply (ITA) under Express Entry draw may submit an application for the consideration of permanent residence in Canada. Your Canada Immigration Consultant will keep you updated with the latest immigration updates and support the entire application process. 

3.Is there any eligible occupation is to apply under the FSWP?

Fortunately, there is no eligible occupations list under the FSWP. The other required criteria are already discussed above. 

4.Can you qualify with a score below 67 points?

In cases where the IRCC officer is convinced that the candidate’s ability is not reflected accurately on the points system, the officer may use their discretion positively for another review of the said applicant. 

5.Can your interview be waived-off?

Applications in every detailed have a better chance for an interview waive-off. However, it is at the discretion of the immigration officer-in-charge.

5.Can additional points be awarded if you have your close relatives in Canada?

Under the adaptability factor, you may get up to a maximum of 10 points if you have your close relative in Canada. 

6.Is job offer required for qualifying under the FSWP?

A valid job offer is not required in order to qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker Class. However, having a job offer could get you up to 15 points and thereby increase your chances of getting a permanent residence in Canada.

We will be back with another edition of Canada immigration FAQs. Until then, stay tuned to Canada Immigration Consultant. Contact us spto realise your dream of immigrating to Canada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.