Our sixth edition on frequently asked questions on Canada immigration covers the topic Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Our expert consultants are well-equipped to boost your CRS score & facilitate easy migration to Canada.


1. What is the Comprehensive Ranking System?

Canada has its unique points system for ranking the federal Express Entry candidates for immigration under federal immigration programs as well as Express entry linked provincial nominee programs.

Eligible candidates may submit a profile into the Express Entry pool and they are awarded points based on factors including age, education, skilled work experience and proficiency in English or French.

The highest-ranked candidates are regularly issued Invitations to Apply (ITAs) for Canadian permanent residence through regular draws from the Express Entry pool. The said applications for permanent residence in Canada are processed within six months.


2. How can I improve my CRS score?

The biggest advantage of the federal Express Entry system for candidates is the fact that the candidates can improve their CRS score anytime. This may result in increased probability of getting an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
Areas, where an interested candidate may be able to improve their CRS score, include: Improving proficiency in language;
Documenting their education and work experience correctly;
Stay updated with active provincial nominee programs;
Obtain a Canadian job or any other new credentials.

Get a free assessment to know the best possible pathway to immigration to Canada.


3. How are points awarded under the CRS?

A candidate may be eligible to get up to 1200 points under the CRS. A candidate’s age, education, language proficiency and work experience may fetch a score out of 500.

Points are also awarded for a provincial nomination, a job offer in Canada, Canadian study experience, French language ability, and a sibling who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. Interested candidates can look up to such factors to boost their scores.


4. Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to submit an Express Entry profile?

An ECA is used to determine the Canadian equivalent of an education degree obtained outside Canada. It is not required in order to enter the Express Entry pool as a Federal Skilled Trades Class and Canadian Experience Class candidate. However, under the Federal Skilled Worker Class, you will need an ECA.

All candidates in the Express Entry pool who want to receive CRS points for their foreign education and/or that of their spouse or common-law partner will need to get their education assessed.

Contact your Canada Immigration Consultant to immigrate to Canada faster.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.