Families always wish to be together and the Canadian Government does understand that. An effort by the government to help families together has a paved path for Canada Family Visas through which a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada can sponsor their spouse, children, parents, grandparents and other relatives. As always, to become a sponsor, there are some requirements you should meet. Below listed are the detailed information regarding a Canadian Family Visa.
To become an eligible sponsor, you should meet the following criteria:
1. You should be above 18 years of age.
2. You should also be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
3. You should be able to provide financial support to the family member you sponsor during their initial stay period. You should also note that the supporting period varies from 3 to 10 years which depends upon your relationship with the sponsored person.
Being a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you get to sponsor your:
– Spouse, Common-law partner, Conjugal Partner
– Dependent Children
– Brothers & Sisters
– Other Relatives (It could be an orphaned niece or nephew)
If you are about to sponsor your spouse under the Canada Family Visa, your spouse should have met the following requirements:
1. Should be aged 18 and above
2. You and your spouse should be legally married or be in a common law relationship.
3. You should possess a marriage which is issued by the government if the marriage has taken place in Canada.
4. If the marriage has taken place outside Canada, then it should be as per the law of that country.
5. Your spouse should be clear from convictions and be free from critical health conditions.
Eligibility Requirements for a Dependent Child: –
1. The dependant child you are about to sponsor should not be aged above 22 years.
2. The dependant child should not have a spouse or a common-law partner.
3. If the child is aged above 22 years, he/she should be financially dependent on their parent due to ill health conditions.
Eligibilities of Other Sponsored Relatives: –
1. You can also sponsor brothers or sisters, granddaughters or grandsons who are not aged above 18 years of age.
2. Sponsoring any other relative of any age or relationship is possible but only under certain conditions.
Parents & Grandparents: –
Being a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident, you become eligible to sponsor your parents & grandparents. In fact, the Canadian Government has come up with the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa which could efficiently reduce the visa processing time. This particular visa will be valid for a period of up to 10 years. You must prove the relationship between you and your parents by producing your birth certificate to the immigration officers. If it is your grandparents that you are sponsoring, you should produce the birth certificates of both you & your parents.
Sponsoring a parent requires the following things to be done:
1. You should promise financial support to the sponsoring person as long as their duration of visit lasts.
2. You should provide your copy of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident documents.
3. The sponsored person should have a medical insurance from a Canadian Company which is valid for at least one year from the date of enrolling.
4. Provide legitimate proof that the medical insurance has been paid.
5. The sponsored person should undergo the medical exam.
Our team of experts look forward to provide our services to the larger community of immigrants who wish to migrate to Canada. Being diligent & industrious helps us to achieve our purpose of existence. By purpose, we mean helping you get reliable immigration solutions and making your immigration stories more beautiful.