One reason why the Canadian Immigration System is widely appreciated and preferred all over the globe is its Family Class Sponsorship Program which focuses on the reunion of families. Every single year, the Canadian government makes sure that a number of families get united by utilizing the Canadian Family Class Sponsorship Visa.
Under the Canada Family Class Sponsorship Visa, an individual can sponsor the following persons:
– Spouse, Common-law partner & Conjugal Partner
– Sponsor’s Dependent Child
– Parents of the Sponsor
– Grandparents of the Sponsor
– Brother, Sister, Nephew, Niece or Grandchildren of the Sponsor.
Not everyone can sponsor their family members. To become an eligible sponsor, an individual should meet the following requirements:
– The individual should be aged above 18.
– The individual should be a permanent resident of Canada or be a Canadian Citizen.
– The sponsor should be in Canada if he/she wants to sponsor their relatives (If the individual is a Canadian citizen, location doesn’t matter)
– The applicant when sponsoring from outside Canada should have plans to return to Canada and should provide proof for the same.
– The sponsor should be able to provide proof that he/she will be able to provide financial support to the sponsored person which could vary from a period of 3 – 10 years depending upon the person who is sponsored.
Dependent Child Eligibility: –
To sponsor a child under the Canadian Family Class Sponsorship, the child that is about to be sponsored should meet the following requirements:
– The child should be aged less than 22 years and should not have any spouse or common-law partner.
– If the child is above 22 years, there are possibilities for sponsoring provided the child is pursuing full-time studies or the child is physically or mentally unstable and is financially dependant on the parents.
– The child should clear medical examinations.
Eligibility Criteria for a Spouse to Migrate Under Canada Family Class Sponsorship Visa: –
– The spouse should be aged above 18 years.
– The sponsor and the spouse should be legally married or should be in a common-law relationship.
– Should provide relevant marriage certificates. It doesn’t matter whether the marriage took place outside or within Canada.
– The spouse should not have committed any criminal offense and should not suffer from any serious health conditions.
Eligibility Criteria for a Relative to be Sponsored Under Canada Family Class Sponsorship Visa: –
– Under the Canada Family Class Sponsorship Visa, an individual can sponsor his/her siblings, nephews & nieces, grandsons & daughters who are orphaned and aged not more than 18.
– An individual can sponsor a relative regardless of age & relationship only if the individual does not have a living spouse or any other above-mentioned relatives. The applicant should also not have any Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada as a relative.
Other Information You Should Know: –
– The processing time varies depending on the nationality of the applicant.
– Obtaining a permanent residence fee would cost up to 490 CAD
– The principal applicant fee would be CAD 475
– Fee for a family member of the applicant who is aged not more than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or a common-law partner would be 150 CAD.
– Fee for a family member of the applicant who is aged more than 22 and is not a spouse or a common-law partner would be 550 CAD.
The Canadian Family Class Sponsorship Visa allows many permanent residents of Canada and Canadian Citizens bring their loved ones from different nations and reside along with them in Canada.
With years of experience & expertise, we make sure that our clients get reunited with their families by putting in industrious efforts and making sure that every step of the process is happening the way it is supposed to. Get in touch with our experts to know more about the Canadian Family Class Sponsorship Visa and about your possibilities.